Welcome to my blog. This blog is simply talking about my knitting and spinning adventures. I will talk about different yarns and fibers I have used and review patterns. Please don't forget to subscribe to my blog, it's greatly appreciated.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Shawls, Shawls, and more Shawls

Hello Everybody,
well I have been quiet busy this week. This is my usual day go to work, come home, make dinner, knit, go to sleep. Nothing exciting besides knitting and going to my LYS (local yarn store) has happend. So let's just jump right in. Be aware there are spoilers for Kirsten Kapur's mystery shawl KAL.


On the Needles:
Once again I will start with the one casted on most recent. The ones I talked about last week I won't reference the yarn used, you can check last weeks post for that information.

Yesterday I casted on Harvest Dew Socks by Rose Hiver. I am knitting those on 2.25mm needles and the yarn I received from my aunt who lives in Germany, it is called Uschi Wolle Universal in the Partie Colorway.

The 2nd project I casted on 06/01/12 was another shawl. Kirsten Kapur from Through the Loops is hosting a mystery KAL and I decided to join in. I am knitting that on size 4mm needles and the yarn is by Universal Pace Step (discontinued) in the coral colorway. I did finish the first clue, the 2nd clue will be released on 06/08/12.
My next WIP (work in progress) is the Loopy Ewe Daybreak by Stephen West. I forgot to mention last week that I am knitting that on size 3.5mm needles. I made pretty good progress, I only have 7 rows on the striped section left and then I just have to knit the border. The rows right now take forever, but I am slowly getting there. I love everything about this shawl, the yarn, the pattern, and the way its stripping.
I also made significant progress on the Baby washcloths I am making for a co-workers baby shower next weekend. I am knitting those on 3.25mm needles. I only have 2 more to go. I will block them, when they are all done.
I won't show the triangle shawl, since I made absolutely no progress on that and then I still have a secret knitting project going on as well.

Off the Needles:
I only finished one project and you haven't even seen it in the "on the needle" section yet. I started and finished a ruffle scarf yesterday. I did not use a pattern, I just went to my LYS and the owner showed me how to do it. I used size 5.5mm needles and the yarn I got from my father who lives in Germany, it is called Katia Rocio and there is no colorway name.
Soon to be on the Needles:
You guessed it another Shawl. What is it with me and shawls lately?! Anyway, I talked last week about Wendy Johnson's mystery shawl KAL, which won't start till 06/20/12. I decided to join and I already have my yarn picked out. I will use Dream in Color Starry in the Sundown Orchid colorway. I am very excited to use that yarn, because I bought it at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival this year.
I hope you enjoyed this weeks post. Also, I wanted to apologize for my crappy pictures but honestly I have no room except the floor and I kind of have to hurry, because of my two cats. Please join me again next Sunday. Happy Knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment