Welcome to my blog. This blog is simply talking about my knitting and spinning adventures. I will talk about different yarns and fibers I have used and review patterns. Please don't forget to subscribe to my blog, it's greatly appreciated.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

It's gonna be a long one...

Hello everyone,
sorry it's been so long, since my last post but time just kinda got a way from me. How can it possibly be June next week, we are seriously half way done with the year? Anyway, in this post I will talk about on the needles, off the needles, and a little bit about soon on the needles.

On the needles:
I'll start with most recently cast on. This morning around 7am I casted on a medium size Daybreak by Stephen West for Camp Loopy. The first challenge is to knit 400+ yards by a designer who is not from my country.
I am knitting it out of Dream in Color Smooshy in the Grey Tabby colorway and contrast is Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball in the Fruchsia colorway. I am almost done with section one already yay.

The next project I am working on are some baby washcloths for a baby shower. I am using the pattern Baby Cloths by Kris Knits. I am using Plymouth  Jeannee in various colors. I am making 8 total 2 in each color.

The last project I can talk about is just a simple Triangle Wrap by Vickie Howell, it was published in Knit Simple magazine Spring 2012. I am using Patons Classic Wool in aran colorway, I had it in my stash. I needed something mindless to knit. Sorry my cable wasn't long enough to take a decent picture.

I have one more project but it is a secret knitting project.

On to finished Objects:
I won't post all of them, since some are simple and not very note worthy. You can always go on my Ravelry page to see them all.

First up I finished my mom's socks for mothers day, I finished them 2 weeks before mothers day. The patterns is called Berry Season by Melissa Morgan-Oakes and is in the 2-at-a-time book. I knitted them out of Cascade fixation spray in the Tiger Lily colorway. Also they qualified for the 2nd quarter loopy challenge.


Next I finished my Shalom Cardigan by Meghan McFarlane. I used Cascade Pacific Chunky, I don't know the colorway.


Then Diane from the Knitabulls Podcast is having a Knit a long (KAL) from May till June for Washcloths. I knitted the Butterfly Washcloth  out of Universal Cotton Supreme and the Doctor Who Washcloth out of Plymouth Jeannee. Also, the baby washcloths, mentioned above, will count for the KAL as well.


Another KAL i joined was for designer Rebecca Danger on her ravelry board Danger crafts. Her May KAL was for any monster and basil too. I knitted Basil the Boogie-Woogie Brontosaurus out of Plymouth Jelli Beenz.

I had one more finished object (FO) but it's a gift and I can't post it till the recipient receives it next month.

Alright last topic for today what is going to come on the needles soon:

June 1st Kirsten Kapur from through the loops is hosting a Mystery Shawl KAL. I have never participated in a mystery KAL before so I am excited about that. I will be using Universal Pace Step.

Wendy Johnson from Wendy Knits is also holding a mystery shawl KAL, which I haven't decided yet. Just have to wait and see how Camp Loopy and TTL KAL are coming along.

That is it for this week . I am planning on blogging every Sunday. So see you all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment