Welcome to my blog. This blog is simply talking about my knitting and spinning adventures. I will talk about different yarns and fibers I have used and review patterns. Please don't forget to subscribe to my blog, it's greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Whats on my hooks and needles

I know I been talking about my knit along every week, but since this week is break week aka weave in those ends week, I don't really have anything to say about the KAL. So, I thought why not talk about something else. Let's talk about what is on my needls/hooks right now.

I started last week on an afghan for a co-worker, I have crochet him the same afghan about 4 months ago in light blue and now I am crocheting it in grape.
I found the pattern on ravelry and it's just called Throw. It is very tedious, since it is no challenge to me. Usually I like to have a little bit of either a challenge or variety in my projects. This pattern is just double crochet and since I made it before it is very easy and takes a lot of motivation to make it. I am half way done and since it uses a size N Crochet hook and Bulky Yarn I should be finished relatively soon. I should mention that I am making it much longer then the pattern calls for, so instead of a throw size it really is an afghan size.

The next project on my needles is also an afghan, however I won't use it as an afghan I will use it as a wall hanging. It is called the Lion Country Afghan. I won't post a picture since as of now I am only on row 16 and you cant really see anything yet. You cast on 272 stitches on size 9 (5.5mm) needles, it takes forever to just complete on row. At the knitting group, I go to once a week at the local yarn shop, they joke that I will finish this afghan for my first grandchild, FYI I am almost 25 years old and don't even have any children yet. 

You all know about my KAL cardigan so I won't even talk about that.

Since I work full time I can't dedicate nearly as much time to knitting/crocheting as I would like. Once I finish my co-worker afghan I will cast on for a surprise knitting project, which I am very excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment