Welcome to my blog. This blog is simply talking about my knitting and spinning adventures. I will talk about different yarns and fibers I have used and review patterns. Please don't forget to subscribe to my blog, it's greatly appreciated.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Another short one...

Welcome to my blog everyone,
this week flew by and once again all I did was work. Friday, we had friends come over after work for a little while, but that's about it.

Finished Objects - FO's
I finished my Social Climber Cowl out of 2 skeins of Noro Silk Garden that I had in my stash. I made it much longer, since I wanted to use as much of the yarn as possible. I liked the way it came out and would recommend knitting it with handspun if you have it and don't know what to knit with it.

 
Works in Progress - WIP's
I only worked on my Evenstar this week, besides finishing the cowl. I complete Chart #1 out of 4 and no longer have to knit it using the magic loop method. I definitely liked knitting it using magic loop better than using DPNs (double pointed needles), but I have heard others saying they can't do it using magic loop, so I guess it is a personal preference. Since it is lace it won't look very good and you won't be able to see the pattern until it is blocked.
Spinning
I spun a little bit today using my ...into the whirled August 2012 fiber club, but not enough to even show.

Like I said it would be a short one again. I been trying to mainly focus on the shawl knitting wise. I really want to cast on something new, but I am limited to only using yarn out of my stash. My stash is actually very limited, since I really only have one skein yarns. Well I am off to enjoy my labor day and knit maybe on my socks or triangle shawl.
See you next week and Happy Knitting. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the look of the cowl. Pattern chosen shows off the colours great. Evenstar is one I will never do, but I admire all who attempt it.From reading and watching other blogs, it appears that getting into chart two is the test of whether it will be finished.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took me so long to reply. Thank you, I really like the way the cowl turned out. The evenstar is being a pain and I can see why people would not get past chart 2. We will see if I get past it, probably a bad sign that I have 2 shawls picked out as back up.

      Delete